Baby Fund

After repeated requests we have decided to open a BABY FUND! Any money donated will contribute to our baby's needs! *Click below to donate!*

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Project 1 of many!

So, I hated the kitchen paneling when we bought our house.  After a day of owning it and not touching it, Ben asked me why I hadn't done anything about it yet.  I was so excited and proceeded to eagerly rip it from the walls!  Here is a before picture with the paneling on:




Hehe, little did I know it would turn into quite the project.  After the ripping and destroying was the realization that there were so many nail holes (big and bigger) and lots of mismatched drywall underneath.  So I used mud/Spackle and took a day patching the holes.  I let it dry for 24 hours.  Then it was time to sand it down.  Ben made sure I knew to put a lot on, little did I know if there is more it takes more sanding.  A word of advice, go easy and make it look nice the first time around, give yourself a little extra but not TONS.  Here is what it looked like after the sanding was all complete (and yes the wall color underneath was yellow):







So, you might find yourself asking what's next?  Well I taped it off and painted it.  I had left over green paint from my entry way (blog post to come soon) so I decided on that color for now.  I say for now because this is a temporary fix until our whole kitchen remodel takes place (I can hardly wait!  I've already asked and been denied permission to pry the cabinets from the walls.... I am waiting patiently for the YES!) 

Otherwise this is what the final product is for now (all my labor and sore wrists for this):





When you come over (yes I know you will) you will notice the patch job underneath the color at an angle in the light.  Do not be alarmed, it is not perfect, nor will it ever be, but it is done and will most likely be textured (fun project) sometime in the future and at that point will not be noticeable.  I am satisfied because (refer back to first pictures) there is no more ugly paneling!  YIPPEE!

No comments: