Yesterday at work I forgot to mention that Olympus Jr High came to sing for the school & today we got to hear the Granite Youth Symphony Orchestra play. It was wonderful!
Today was a wild ride. I have been fighting a cold, so far I'm winning and it hasn't really sunk in. Well the foggy brain has, so this morning I'm not sure why I didn't wake up or if I did to my alarms or whatnot, but I rolled over and looked at the clock and it said "8:18." I freaked out and called Barb (our secretary) at school and told her I was getting in my car and on my way to school. I also asked her to put the other K teacher on duty for my class. I put on this outfit of black (cause all black things must go together somehow right?) and grabbed a banana (in the time it took me to get dressed, Ben had made me a lunch-he's the best, so I grabbed that too) and I made it to school 3 minutes after the first bell. Whew! I got the last parking spot (let's just say I invented one-who knows where they are because of all the snow on the ground, although I have every spot memorized, so I knew better) but I had to be quick. So I went into my classroom and found the other teacher & a sweet mom with my students talking about Christmas! I was thrilled. Lucky for me I stayed late yesterday at school and prepared everything-for some unknown reason, and now, I know the reason!
From there, things went without a hitch. I had the sweet mom tell Barb that I was there and my students were none the wiser. Overall it was an embarrassing moment. Totally out of character for me as a professional. I do not wish it to happen again-only if it is a snow storm and I'm seriously stuck in traffic, and then it wasn't my fault. Or, could I say that this semi-cold is all its fault?
Well, here's the black outfit for the day:
Black boots, black tights, black skirt, black long sleeved t-shirt, and a bun in my hair. PS There's a cute dog named Beans in the corner!!
Tonight I have planned early bed and 10 alarm clocks for the morning! PS, MOM if you are reading this, call me @ 7:00 my time-9 yours to wake me up! THANKS! Moms are the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment