First the parents had to fill out a student info sheet for my personal & computer records. Then I had them read this story, "Have You Filled Buckets Today?" Our school is focusing on positive bucket filling this year. We all need LOTS of positives and isnt that true that we do better work when we are happy & positive and others compliment us?!? So the parents each wrote a note to their student and filled our class bucket!
Then they had to pick up a couple papers and move to the next table which had parent volunteer release forms and a Reading student workbook for them to rip out pages 1-30!
Then they ripped out Chapter 1 of the Math student workbook pages. I think this is a great way to start the year!
Then they finished up by getting some scholastic book orders and signing a couple more student release forms. I am going to brag for a second and say how wonderfully prepared and organized I am. I think this is a great way for parents to help out/get paperwork done and for me to assess their students without them sitting right there staring at their kid to perform. :)
Also, I wanted to share with you a few of my new classroom decorations (thanks to my mom!):
No comments:
Post a Comment