Here you go, enjoy our trip:
Car camping so we can get a fresh start in the morning!
There it is. Up on the right of the flag.
Leaving the car.
Here we go!
Gorgeous views!
Snack time!
Where we got water!
A meadow.
Mirror Lake.
Trail Meadow.
Almost to Trail Camp!
The other lake!
Trail Camp. Our site!
The peaks we climbed!
Where we got water by our camp!
Up we go!
99 Switch Backs. Some of the areas were blocked off so you dont slide down the mountain.
Break!
Looking down from half way!
Only 2 miles left till the top!
Here's our trail along the ridges.
We made it to the lightning shack on the top and crashed for 1/2 an hour or so.
Then we signed the guest book. Mine says, "1st & Only Time Up!"
The plaque.
Us on the top.
Geological survey marker!
Looking down.
Here's what we get to go back down on.
WE DID IT!
Then when we got back to camp, I threw up. We packed up camp and went 2 hours to lower elevation so we could feel better. So this is my, "I'm sick" face. All I wanted to do was sleep!
This is our second campsite at Outpost Camp.
Then we packed up and headed back down the rest of the way in the early morning!
We passed an injured falcon. Poor thing.
Our first glimpse of the car through the trees made us giddy! We were so excited we flew down the rest of the trail!
We took our picture by the sign as we finished and went on to the car so we could grab our stuff and head home!!!
So, now you are wondering, was it fun? Was it worth it? Will you do it again?
Yes it was fun. It was such a good trip! I was the leader on the trail almost the whole time so we could maintain a good pace, not push ourselves too hard so that we wouldnt get sick. I used trekking poles for the first time too and I will never go back! I couldn't have made it without those poles. I used them so much in balancing, crossing streams (I'm never good at, but did well with my poles this time), and they kept me going forward. I loved the view from the top. I loved the cold fresh water (we did purify it just in case). I enjoyed spending time with my best friend, Benjamin! I will never do it again. Once was good enough. There are more mountains out there to climb. Yes, this one is the highest in the Continental US and we crossed it off the bucket list. So now we'll focus on other lower, good hike mountains. The ride to and from SLC was fun. We have been listening to the Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mocking Jay on the way. It was fun! I've read them, but it is Ben's first exposure to them, besides the first movie, and we love them! What a great read!
Well, I hope you've enjoyed our pictures & reading/seeing about our Mt. Whitney trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment