Woke up at 6 and threw everything in the car. We headed down and out to the Havasupai Indian Reservation where you can hike the Havasu Falls Trail. 10 miles... our biggest hike in yet.
Here's us starting at the car:
And once again we hike down!
We love backpacking together!
I'm pretty sure I noted about the perfect weather... here's proof:
This hike reminded us more of Canyonlands because of all the canyons we went through of course!
I kept photo stalking Ben!
Then we come to the sign that says the town of Supai is so close and the trees turn bright green, just like they did in the Oasis of the Indian Garden in the Grand Canyon too!
We checked into the Reservations Office, got our tourist bracelets, and hiked on in. While on our way to camp we passed by some lovely falls:
The waters were so blue:
This one pictured above is Havasu Falls.
Then we set up camp and hiked down to Mooney Falls.
To get to the bottom of Mooney Falls, you had to climb down into 2 tunnels and down a steep rock face holding onto chains.
It got kinda scary because the mist was making everything slippery. Hardest part of all the hikes. But we made it!
We were honored by seeing Cali Condors. Yes I mean Honored by their presence. They're such an endangered species.
There were two flying together. We think they might be a young couple!
The water was amazing and here goes more feet soakings:
Ben really enjoyed this because he got bit all up and down his legs by "no-see-ums" or "sand bugs." They bite and poisoned his legs and then they even blistered because of the number of bites and how sensitive Ben is to bites:
Luckily, I'm a "smarty PANTS" and kept on my PANTS the whole time! No zipping off the bottoms for me. Full pants please! My poor baby here is an example of why to wear pants!
Lesson learned? I hope so!
Then bedtime, but not before we gazed at the stars for awhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






























No comments:
Post a Comment