Baby Fund

After repeated requests we have decided to open a BABY FUND! Any money donated will contribute to our baby's needs! *Click below to donate!*

Thursday, September 17, 2009

My 24th Birthday!

Ben took the whole day off of work to be with my on my birthday! How sweet! So, what I wanted to do for my birthday was to spend time with him. I also decided we should go to the temple. The closest temple to us is 1 1/2 hours away in San Antonio. So we took off in the morning and went and did family baptisms. It was a great experience! Here are a couple shots of the temple & us!








Then we stopped at Subway on our way home for a bite to eat!



The afternoon was spent playing hot & cold finding sweet gifts from my honey all over the house! I love him so much!

Then we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. How appropriate since we are living in Texas and all! I had the Filet Medallions • Three tender filets (9 ounces total) topped with Portobello Mushroom sauce and served over seasoned rice with veggies & a salad as sides.

Ben got Grilled Salmon • A fillet salmon steak, grilled moist and tender
and topped with our special lemon pepper butter with baked potato & salad as his sides.

Thanks Dad for a great dinner out! :)




In the picture above is my way cool Strawberry Cowboy Cooler. It was huge! Also, you can see the pretty pink heart earrings my Benjamin got for me!

Then we went to the mall and ran around to all the stores in just 1/2 an hour before they all closed. I got some more little goodies for myself!

Here is one of the store fronts... way cool design!




Then while we were at the mall we stopped at the cinema to buy tickets for our movie. I was waiting for Ben to pay, but realized we were using my card for the night, so I said, "Fine, I guess I will pay on my birthday." The guy at the box office was like, "Hey, its your birthday?" I said yes, and then he said well its on the house, happy birthday! So we both got a free movie! That was a great present! So while we waited for our movie to start, we played Dots and Checkers on his I-Pod touch. It was fun! We were the only ones in the theater for our movie too. It felt like our own private show!

So the movie was great. Then after we were done, it was midnight and the mall had been closed since 9, so the gates were up and everything. So we had to go out only the movie theater doors instead of going back through the mall to our car. Basically, we had to walk around the outside of the entire mall just to get back to our car.

Imagine a rectangle and we parked in the center of one of the long sides and came out on the opposite long side. What a walk. I never realized how big a mall is, that is until I had to walk around one at midnight to get to my car. LOL. We laughed about it, cause we didn't' think ahead at all, but it was fun taking a stroll in the moonlight with my man! :)

So, we came home for midnight birthday cake with 24 candles on it! (Luckily the boxes of candles come with 24 even).




So, I made my wish and blew out all 24 candles. Hooray for birthdays! I love my family (I was so happy I got to talk to them all day) and I love my husband and I love life! :)

2 comments:

Blake and Brittany said...

Happy birthday! It looks like you had a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you when you move to Utah!

Nettina said...

I do read these and just comment straight at you... but I thought I'd say that your lemonade looks soooo good right now! love you!