Baby Fund

After repeated requests we have decided to open a BABY FUND! Any money donated will contribute to our baby's needs! *Click below to donate!*

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Trip to Milwaukee

Friday, June 12, 2009.

We woke up at 5:30 and finished packing the last minute stuff into the car. Then we left our apartment at 6:30. We headed east on 84. Since this was the last time here for awhile, we took the Historic Columbia River Highway (scenic route). It went past the Gorge and some beautiful waterfalls. We saw the Crown Point Vista House, Multnomah Falls, and Horsetail Falls. Then the road ended and we got back on 84.

From there we took 84 through Oregon, Boise, and Pocatello. Then we jumped on 15 and headed north to Rexburg. Once we were in Rexburg, we stopped at our storage unit and dropped some stuff off. Then we went to see our friends, Brent & Janeen and their new baby boy, Jackson James. He's adorable. We both got to hold him too! (He was born May 18th). So cute! Then we drove over to Albertson's and got some groceries for the next few days of travel.

I drove us from Rexburg to Yellowstone. We camped at Madison campground C100. It was a cold clear night, but way fun to stay in our tent in a place we both love! We got there at 11:00 and had a fire and s'mores. Then we set up camp and fell asleep. What a long first day of traveling!

Saturday, June 13, 2009.

We woke up at 7:30. Then we had a fire with muffins and juice for breakfast. Then Ben packed up the car while I took down the tent... and I did an excellent job (a compliment from my husband). And on the road we were again! So I drove us through the rest of the park and onto Cooke City, Montana. While there we stopped at the Beartooth Cafe and said hi to Elise and Tom Riddle (my cousins). It was good to see them! Then we went up to the Allred Cabin and there is still a bunch of snow piles there! Then we headed off to the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway to get to Cody.

I don’t remember most of this part of the trip, because I was asleep. I slept for like 3 hours through Cody and woke up sometime in the middle of Wyoming. So I drove us from Wyoming on 90 out to South Dakota. We stopped and took a picture of us on the state line. It was raining too. The storm was crazy. There was purple lightning and everything. We made it to Custer and had just pulled into the gas station and Ben was about to pump gas, but there was a flash of lightning and the power to the town went out but then kicked back on again. So we had to wait awhile for the pumps to reset in order to get gas. It was insane. So we knew we weren't going to try camping in the rain tonight, so we started to look for a place to stay. One motel wanted $100 and we were like, nope, next. So we found a little family owned motel called the Rocket Motel and paid $50. Much better price!

When we got into the room, we were so tired and sooo dirty. We desperately needed a shower (it had been 3 days). I walked into the bathroom and was like, uh, Ben, there's no shower in here. He was like what?!? Then I cracked a smile and he knew I was kidding. Gosh, there's nothing as wonderful as a shower after a couple of days. So then we watched the History channel (probably the only one we would ever have on if we had a TV & cable... LOL) on Walt Disney and the creation of Disney World. It was amazing! Then we both fell asleep exhausted.

I had a really cool dream though! I dreamed I lived in a huge house. 1/2 of it was the house, the other part was a gift shop and on the end of the gift shop was my private indoor pool. In the pool I had a baby killer whale. It was so cute! I would go in the water and play with it and train it. Then I got another baby killer whale, and this one was smaller than the first but they were both babies. It was so much fun to swim with them. Then in my dream a white horse was in the pool swimming around with them and I yelled at it to get out. And then the first baby killer whale came over and gave me a love bite on my side. It didn’t hurt cause it didn’t use its teeth, just its lips. That's all I remember, but then I woke up and told Ben that I want a killer whale baby!

Sunday, June 14, 2009.

Woke up at 7:30, ate muffins again for breakfast, packed the car and headed to Mt. Rushmore. We tried to stop at Crazy Horse, but the clouds were covering it, so we wouldn't have been able to see it for hours and we weren't willing to wait cause we had to be on the road. So we went on to Mt. Rushmore and it was clear and beautiful there! We got to see the Avenue of Flags (including real live mountain goat) and our former presidents, Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln. It was Ben's first time there! Then he drove through half of South Dakota (I was asleep of course) and then it was my time to drive. We stopped at a Lewis and Clark site too.

After South Dakota came Minnesota (Ben drove us through). We stopped and took our picture there too! The only other time I remember being in Minnesota was at the St. Paul Airport with my family years ago. So through the state we went and then we made it to Wisconsin.

I drove us from Tomah, to Madison, over to Brookefield which is a little bit before Milwaukee. We made it to the apartments about 10:30. We found ours, started unpacking the car, realized the apartment doesn't have a washer & dryer like promised and that there wasn't a microwave either, so we called Ben's new boss Clint and was like hey, what's going on. He told us he didn't realize so many salesmen coming from Portland were married, so he had to move some guys around and we are lucky to have a place at all. There is a washer & dryer (coin operated) in the basement though. Not sure how much per load yet, but we'll see. And we will probably make Pinnacle get us a cheap Wal-Mart microwave or something.

The whole complex is on a golf course, so it is way cool! And the apartment is really nice! It has 2 bedrooms (one bedroom has a queen bed with the 1/2 bath attached and the other bedroom has 2 twin beds) 1 1/2 baths (the other bath is the full one with the shower and its in the middle of the apartment for everyone to have access to), a walk in closet, 3 hall closets, a spacious living room, a kitchen and dining area, and a balcony/patio off the back. There is a pool and a sweet workout room too!

Our apartment looks like a tornado went through it right now. After starting to unpack last night we were like forget it, we're exhausted and we're going to sleep. So we grabbed our sleeping bags (still close by from the previous nights) and put them on top of our bed and slept. Then we got up at 9 this morning and unpacked the rest of the car by just dumping things left and right (therefore the tornado look to our apartment). I made us some cooked oatmeal this morning since its the only thing we have. Benjamin showered, got ready, and went to work. His first day here in Milwaukee. We'll see how it goes.

The area looks lovely. Its green outside with lots of trees and I cant tell for sure, but I think there's a hint of humidity in the air too. Its really hot in the sun as well. I'm curious about the ticks out here, we saw so many dead deer on the roadside here in Wisconsin. So, I'm not sure about getting a job. There are a lot of businesses we past that I'd be interested in working at. I might try to get a job out here and earn some more money. Either that or spend the summer with my girls by the pool.

So, thanks to all the prayers that helped get us out here safely! We appreciate it so much! Also, does anyone know what temple is the closest to us? And I'm not sure about our exact mailing address, but as soon as I know, I'll send it out.

For my day, here goes a day of unpacking, sorting, and organizing. It'll be great! Ben will come home and everything will be done. Won't that be nice for him! He just needs to focus on selling. I'll take care of the rest! Well, love to all! Here goes our life in Wisconsin (another state I never thought I'd live in). Gotta love life! :)

I wrote all the above on Monday. Today is Thursday and everything is unpacked, I bought groceries already, and he's already sold 1 being here! Hooray! :) Here are some pictures that go along with the trip.





































































































































































2 comments:

Nettina said...

beautiful pics! I love the barn!! looks like home :(

Jared and Debbie said...

you guys are so cute! and so much fun! i can't wait to hang out with the bowmans! glad wi is working out. lots of love from cali!